blank'/> CreatedToMove: What Kind of workout should I do?

Monday, November 22, 2010

What Kind of workout should I do?

Everyone wonders what types of workouts are best. How do you know which style of workout to do? How long should your workouts be? How many times should you exercise per week? There are so many variables that all depend on what your goals are. Do you want to lose weight, gain muscle, tone up, train for a triathlon, sport specific training? What you want out of your workout determines how you structure your workout.

I have experimented with Body Building, Weight Training, TRX workouts, Surge workouts, Bootcamps, etc. Simply put, I've done a lot. I love to lift heavy weights because they make my body feel powerful in a way no other workout can do. I love the basic exercises and the results I see. When I was body building I was doing five 90 minute workouts per week. For me that is too much, but I still love weights. I also love TRX workouts because they are fast, they work your core and full body stability amazingly, I continually get stronger and my flexibility always improves.

My fitness goal is to build a little bit of muscle, stay flexible and strong while also keeping my cardio at a good level. For me the perfect workout includes Weights, TRX and Cardio. I have a 5-6 day routine. The first 3 days are 20-30 minute Surge Workouts with the TRX and cardio exercises. Day 4 is cardio and Day 5 is all my favorite heavy weight-lifting exercises, 60-90 minutes. Day 6 is optional cardio, but usually the weekend is recovery from the heavy weight day. This routine gives me the results I want and allows all the workouts I enjoy, in other words, it's perfect for me.

That is my perfect workout, what's yours? What do you find to be a fun workout? Do certain routines fill you with joy? Those are most likely the kinds of workouts you'll stick with. Write out your goals and what you enjoy to do when you exercise and go from there. Hire a trainer if you need it, it's a great investment to set you on the right path. Make sure to have fun with your workouts and don't forget, You are Created to Move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment